House Feldane, Great House of Amber
Let Others Rest
Colors: Crimson and Grey
Coat of Arms: A grey fleur de lis on a crimson field; three coins in the upper right quadrant are an honor granted by the Crown in recognition of Feldane's long service, providing more exchequers to Amber than any other House.
Style: Duellists and lawyers
Tone: The banking house, the house of rules lawyers, the city sophisticate bureaucrats. Feldane has had more Exchequers in its history than any other House (and in fact has three coins in its coat of arms as a specific honor from the crown, to reflect that).
Motto: Let Others Rest
Revenue: Feldane are the slumlords of Amber: they own significant property in Amber City itself, act as landlords to much of the city, and trade primarily in spices and exotics. As an extension, they often end up effectively acting as financial backers to other businesses.
The Feldanes are traders, first and foremost, so much so as to be a little crass in comparison to the other noble houses. They seem to enjoy that reputation, as it gives grounds for duels, which they seem to relish, and which are often more deadly than they should be - the Feldane definition of "first blood" is often a single killing stroke.
Feldane is also reknown for her gardens, which showcase flora from many different shadows.
It is whispered, by those who know, that Feldane also traffic with the dead, but for all that, their name is one spoken of with dread by any necromancer foolish enough to find his way to Amber.
- Culver's Rule
- Thomas and Alyssa
- Jacob Feldane, Emma Karm and Cosimo Mandrake
- Basil and Irene
- Stuart Feldane and Penelope Chantris
- Current Days
Feldane guards the threshold between life and death, and the power to do so comes with a great price.
Map of the Townhouse in Amber City
- Basil - Duke of Feldane
- Irene - Duchess of Feldane
- Stuart - Dead First Heir to the House
- Errol - Heir to the House
- Addison - Spare of the House
- Taleyn - Prematurely released from the Convent
- Culver - Retired Duke, Exchequer to the Crown
- Fiamme - Attached Knight
- Peabody - Loyal Manservant
- Cousin Emma - Cousin From The Country, Taleyn's Approved Companion
The Honored Dead
Everywhere you see a vase, there's probably a dead Feldane lurking inside. Detail them here!
- Lady Esmerelda - Vain, bitchy.
- Lord Philip
- Lady Gwendolyn - Really quite sweet.
- Lady Esther - Prudish
- Lord Stuart - Dearly Beloved Son
- Lady Peregrine - Obsessed with decorum.
- Lord Christopher - A man who loved his pets.
See this Wikipedia information on household servants.
When household characters are created ex nihilo during play, try to note them here so others can refer to them.
- Mrs. Clabber - Housekeeper of the Townhouse
- Marla - Irene's lady's maid.
- Mosely - Fencing Tutor
- Charles - Butler